Quick Yeast Rolls
This recipe I enjoyed because I typically always have the ingredients on hand.
It gets really sticky but the final product is super yummy :D If they are made too early to the meal time you may not have any left for dinner :D
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- white sugar
- 1 c
- hot water
- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast (.25oz)
- egg, beaten
- 1 tsp
- 2/4 c
- all purpose flour
How to Make Quick Yeast Rolls
- 1In a large bowl mix shortening, sugar and hot water. Allow to cool to lukewarm
- 2Mix in the yeast to activate it. It may take a few minutes but the yeast should be dissolved.
- 3Mix in the beaten egg, flour and salt. Salt should go last as it kills the yeast if put in too early.
- 4Allow to rise for roughly 30 minutes or doubled in size.
- 5Preheat the oven to 425*.
- 6Grease and slightly flour 8 muffin tins. (if you want to make a loaf of bread you can easily just grease and slightly flour a loaf pan)
- 7Divide the dough into the greased and floured tins. You can be exact and measure them out... or just eyeball it. I eyeballed it and they came out kinda close in size :P
- 8Allow the dough to double in size again, roughly 20 minutes.
- 9Bake 10 minutes
- 10Enjoy :D I put melted butter on mine at the end and served hot :D