Quick Sally Lunn Bread
How to Make Quick Sally Lunn Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a large loaf pan, or 3 mini-loaf pans.
- 2Sift together dry ingredients. Cream together shortening and sugar. Beat the eggs one at a time into the creamed mixture.
- 3Add the sifted ingredients to the batter in 3 parts, alternately with the milk. Stir batter lightly until the ingredients are just blended.
- 4Bake in a greased loaf pan (or 3 mini-loaf pans) about 35-40 minutes (less time needed for the mini loaf pans - it took 28 minutes for my loaves).
- 5Cool in pans 5 minutes, then turn out on rack. Cool slightly before slicing.