Quick & Easy Hamburger Buns
- 2 Tbsp
- active dry yeast
- 1 c
- + 2 tb. warm water (110-115 degrees)
- 1/3 c
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- dill weed or caraway seed optional
- 3 to 3 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
How to Make Quick & Easy Hamburger Buns
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil and sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the egg, salt and optional herbs and mix with whisk. Add enough flour (3 cups) to make a soft dough and stir together with a rubber spatula.
- 2turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not let rise. Divide into 12 pieces and shape each into a ball. Place 3 inches apart on a couple of greased baking sheets.
- 3cover and let rest for about 20 minutes. Bake on center rack in oven at 420 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.