Quick and Tasty Dinner Rolls
Angela (Grammy) Derby
- 1/4 c
- 1% milk
- 2 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 c
- butter, softened and divided
- 3 1/2 tsp
- dry active yeast
- 3/4 c
- warm water (105f-115f)
- 2 1/2 to 3 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Quick and Tasty Dinner Rolls
- 1Grease a 12 cup muffin tin; set aside.
- 2In a small saucepan, stir milk, sugar, and 2 Tbsp.. butter together. Heat on low, just until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool to about 100F-105F. Pour milk mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the yeast and warm water. Let stand for 5-10 minutes or until yeast is foamy.
- 3Add 2 cups flour and salt to yeast mixture. Using a dough hook, mix on low speed for about 1 minute.
- 4With the mixer still going, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time. Mix about 1 1/2 minutes, or until dough starts to clean the sides of the bowl. Knead on low speed for about 2 more minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic - the dough will still be slightly sticky to the touch.
- 5Place dough in greased bowl, turning it to grease the top. Cover the dough with a clean dish towel. Let it rise in a warm place, free from draft, for about 15 minutes.
- 6Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface, and divide into 12 equal pieces. Form each piece into a ball and cut each ball into thirds. Place 3 dough balls in each muffin cup. Cover the muffin pan with the dish towel, and let the dough rise for about 15 minutes. Melt remaining 2 Tsp. butter. Set aside.
- 7Bake at 425'F for 9-12 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown. Brush rolls with melted butter. Remove from pans, and cool slightly on wire racks before serving.