Pumpkin Dinner Rolls/Bread
This bread makes wonderful French Toast!!! When or if making French Toast, add a little pumpkin pie spice to the egg mixture, YUMMMM
And the bread makes wonderful regular toast as well, which I love to slather in Pumpkin Butter! YUM
- 1/2 c
- water, warmed to 115 degrees
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- 1 1/2 c
- milk, warmed to 115 degrees
- 1/4 c
- butter, soft
- 1 - 14 oz can(s)
- 100% pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp
- sea salt
- 1 c
- whole wheat flour, regular flour can be used if desired
- 7-9 c
- bread flour
How to Make Pumpkin Dinner Rolls/Bread
- 1In a large mixing bowl, add yeast, water and 1 T sugar, mix slightly and allow to rest until foamy, 5-10 minutes.
Then add remaining sugar, milk, butter, pumpkin, salt, wheat flour and 2 cups of bread flour. With paddle attachment, mix until all ingredients are well incorporated, then switch to dough hook and add 3 c bread flour, when all flour has been incorporated, start adding more flour 1/2 c at a time until dough starts to pull from sides forming a ball. When ball forms, stop adding flour and knead with dough hook for 3 minutes. When dough is ready it will be slightly sticky and bounce back when touched. If needed add a little more flour.
- 2Place dough in a greased bowl, flip over to cover both sides, cover with plastic wrap and a towel. Allow to rise in warm place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, give 6-8 kneads, cut into 3 evenly sized pieces, if making loaves a third is one loaf, shape into loaf, place into greased 4x8 loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and towel and allow to rise in warm place until doubled in size. If making rolls, working with 1 third at a time (cover remaining dough with plastic wrap until until ready for it) each third makes approx 12 rolls. I use my 1/4 cup cookie dough scoop to get evenly sized rolls. Place rolls onto a foil lined greased/sprayed jelly roll pan or cookie sheets. Cover with towel and allow to rise 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 315 minutes before ready to bake, preheat oven to 375.
Bake rolls for 20 minutes or until internal temp is 185-200. Bake bread for 35-45 minutes or until internal temp is 165-175...I have a digital thermometer, but a basic meat thermometer works too.
- 4Remove from oven to cooling rack for 5 minutes then remove from pans onto cooling racks to cool.