These are great alone hot with butter! Now that's heaven!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- popover pan & cookie sheet
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 large
- eggs or (3 small ones)
- 7/8 c
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, melted
How to Make Popovers
- 1Spread popover pans with oil. Heat them for 5-8 minutes in a hot oven at 500F degrees.
Place the popover pans on a cookie sheet and
Sift: all purpose flour
- 2Beat eggs in a separate bowl until frothy.
Add: milk and melted butter.
- 3Stir the liquid slowly into the sifted ingredients.
Beat ingredients until they are well blended, then pour batter into the oiled pans, filling them only 1/3 full.
- 4Bake the popovers in a hot oven (500F degrees)for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat and dry them in a slow oven (250F degrees) for 15 minutes.
- 5Remove at once from the pans. Puncture them to let the steam escape.