Dividing into smaller portions, rolling out flat and cooked on a griddle or in a skillet on both sides...it also makes a substantial nod to Naan bread for fold up sandwiches.
How to Make Pizza Crust
- Measure water in microwave safe measuring cup and heat to the exact temperature, required. (I use a candy thermometer to test. Too cool and the yeast won’t “wake up,” and too hot...you kill the yeast, so be sure you’re in the right temperature range.)
- Sprinkle 2 ¼ tsp. active dry yeast over the heated water. Then sprinkle 1 tsp. of sugar over the yeast. Let it sit until it becomes frothy.
- In the bowl of a food processor add three cups all-purpose flour and salt. Pulse for a few seconds to evenly distribute the salt.
- With the food processor running, add the oil. Then add the yeast water combination with the food processor still running until a dough ball forms.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray. Put the dough ball in and cover with plastic wrap. Allow it to double in size, (this will take from 1 – 2 hours).
- Pull the dough apart to create two dough balls for two pizza crusts, or divide into four balls and let everyone construct their own pizza with different toppings of their choice.
- Roll out on floured board and prebake at 375º F for about 5 minutes – remove from oven, add toppings and continue to bake for another 10 – 15 minutes, until cheese is nicely melted and beginning to brown just a bit.