How to Make Pickle Rolls
- 1Kosher dill pickles-- I usually buy Mt. Olives pickles. Try to find a jar with the smaller pickles. The size you can wrap a slice of bread around. Big ones won't work. Lay pickles on paper towels to drain.
- 2Cut the edges off of the bread.
- 3Have cream cheese at room temp, so you can spread it on the bread . After you have cut the edges off of the bread. Spread a layer of the cream cheese on it.
- 4Place the pickle in the middle of the slice of bread and start wrapping it around the pickle. Pinch or press the seam together.
- 5Place it on a piece of saran wrap and roll it up and lay the roll down and LIGHTLY roll it back and forwards , like you would roll out a crust. This will help the cream cheese and pickle hold together. Then twist the ends of the wrap & fold under. Lay them on a plate and put them in the fridge. They need to chill all night or all day.
- 6Then take a thin sharp knife to slice them up. I always slice the ends off first. Then slice each pickle about 1/4 inch thick or a litter thicker if you like.
- 7Then you can layer or arrange them on a pretty platter or plate to serve.
- 8If you want to make more just double the recipe. They slice better if they are chilled, & the flavor is better too. I have never tried any other pickle except the kosher dill. I could eat the whole pickle myself and not even slice it. Enjoy!!!