4 1/2 tspactive dry yeast
1 1/2 cwarm water
4 cbread flour or artisan flour
1/2 cadditional bread flour
1/2 cwarm water
How to Make Pennsylvania Dutch Soft Pretzels
- Dissolve yeast in water.
- Add salt and flour to a bowl. Add dissolved yeast. Mix together.
- Add some flour to the counter. Knead dough until smooth.
- Cover with a cloth and let rise 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 16 portions.
- Roll each piece into narrow rolls.
- Shape pretzel dough.
- Dip each piece in soda solution.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Start to watch the pretzels at 15 minutes to prevent burning.