Party Bread Sticks!
These are so good and so much fun to make....can be customized too.....what ever suits your taste buds!! From my 2009 Fine Cooking!!
- 1 tsp
- active dry yeast...i used rapid rise and it cut the rising time in half
- 1 c
- plus 2 tablespoons warm water (85 degrees)
- 3 1/2 c
- ap flour and 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/3 c
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 3/4 c
- grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
SEASONINGS (SPICY CHEESE)
How to Make Party Bread Sticks!
- 1Make the sponge:
Mix the warm water, yeast and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in 11/3 cups of the flour until free of lumps. Cover with plastic and set in a warm spot until doubled in size about 1 hour.
- 2Whisk the olive oil with the seasonings and stir into the sponge mixture until well blended. Pour the seasoned sponge into a bowl or your kitchen aid if you have one....fitted with a dough hook and set to medium speed. Gradually add the 2 cups of flour until dough is slightly sticky but no longer wet...you may have flour left over...i did.
When dough pulls away from sides of bowl, remove and knead on a floured surface until elastic 1 - 2 mins. Put back into a greased bowl and let rise again til doubled. Punch down dough and roll in to rectangles 12 x 20 approx 1/4 inch thick. . Cut into narrow strips 1/2 inch wide . stretch and twist into sticks. arrange on parchment lined sheets and bake at 375 approx 20 mins. Be careful and watch as some may be thinner and cook faster. These are delicious!!