Pain Paysan/Pane Paesano
How to Make Pain Paysan/Pane Paesano
- Note: A stand up mixer was used to prep the dough.
Attach the KNEAD hook to the stand up mixer. Stir together both flours, yeast and salt.
- *Gently* heat the milk and water. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients. KNEAD for about 5 minutes or until the dough is soft and airy and springs back when pressed. IF the dough is too sticky add some more flour. (I had to convert grams to cups which is tricky.) Cover and allow to rise for 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape the bread dough into a round loaf and lightly sprinkle with flour. Use a wood skewer or sharp knife to make shallow slices across the top of the loaf in the form of a grid. Cover loaf again and let rise another 15 minutes.
- Bake approximately 45-50 minutes or until the loaf if lightly browned. The bottom of the bread should sound hollow when tapped.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.