★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 box
- jiffy cornbread or 2 bags your choice cornbread mix
- onion, chopped
- stalks celery, chopped into small pieces
- 2/3 c
How to Make Onion/Celery Cornbread
- 1Preheat Oven to 375. Grease or oil an iron skillet or 9X13 glass casserole. Be sure and make it nice and oily. Place in oven for five minutes to heat thoroughly.
- 2If you use a bag mix, use the amount of milk it calls for, For Jiffy, use the same. The reason for three eggs is to make it lighter. Pour out mixes into a regular bowl, add eggs and milk, stir until just blended. Add chopped onion and celery, stir until all large lumps disappear. Too much mixing "kills" the batter.
- 3Pour Cornbread mixture into HOT dish. Place in Oven and cook for 25-30 minutes. Check with toothpick. When it comes out clean it's done. Remove, let cool 10 minutes before you cut. Cut into serving sizes. Goes great with my Cowboy Beans and is a great start to Chicken and Dressing.