Olive Garden Breadsticks
*These are a little more dense then Olive Garden's. But the flavor is incredible and pretty right on with the garlic butter. I also updated the picture, because the other one was too dark. Enjoy :)
- 1 1/2 c
- warm water
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- butter (softened)
- 4 - 5 c
- 3 Tbsp
- butter (melted)
- sea salt
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks
- 1For the dough, pour the water into a stand mixer with the sugar and yeast, let that sit and froth for about 10 minutes.
- 2Add salt, butter, and 2 cups of flour.
- 3Mix the dough on low.
- 4Add the rest of the flour a half cup at a time, until dough scrapes the sides of the bowl clean.
- 5Mix the dough about 5 minutes on medium speed, until its soft and easy to work with.
- 6Let the dough rest in the bowl until doubled in size, about 1 hour and then roll it out.
- 7Roll the dough out into a long log, spray a knife with cooking spray and cut the dough into 12-14 pieces.
- 8Roll those pieces into about 6 inch long snakes.
- 9Spray 2 large cookie sheets with cooking spray, ( I usually only use one) and lay the breadsticks out leaving about 2 inches between each one.
- 10Place them in the oven with the temperature turned to 170 degrees.
- 11Let them rise for about 15 minutes, or until doubled in size.( I have also let them sit at room temp until they are doubled in size and then bake them in the oven)
- 12Once risen, brush them with the 1 1/2 T of melted butter and sprinkle them with salt.
- 13Now preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake them for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- 14While they are baking combine the rest of the melted butter with 1 tsp garlic powder.
- 15When the breadsticks are golden brown, remove them from the oven and brush them with the butter/garlic mixture.