Never-Fail Pie Crust
Try it on my Chicken Pie or for any other pies. I think a good crust makes for a great pie.
4 call-purpose flour (if you can find white lily, use it)
1 3/4 ccrisco (solid) - i use butter flavored (but that is not necessary)
1 Tbspwhite vinegar
1/2 ccold water
How to Make Never-Fail Pie Crust
- Mix the first 4 ingredients with a fork.
Stir with fork until all ingredients are moistened.
- In a separate dish, combine vinegar, egg, and water. Add to flour mixture.
- Stir with fork until all ingredients are moistened.
- Roll out to make crusts.*
- NOTE: If you make a pie using a 13"X9"X2" pan, it will take about 3/5 of the dough - or an equivalent of 3 crusts.
You will find this crust to be real forgiving and very easy to work with. In fact, you don't even have to roll the ball of dough to make the bottom crust -you can pat it in the pan; and just roll out the top crust on a floured surface -or if you don't want to roll it out at all; you can flatten out the ball for the top crust and cut it in strips for a lattice crust.