Mom's French Toast
How to Make Mom's French Toast
- Beat together eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Heat skillet over medium heat; put a small pat of butter into heated skillet.
- Dip a slice of bread into egg mixture, let soak for about 4-6 seconds, turn over and let soak for another 4-6 seconds; carefully pick up bread (it will tear easily) and let the excess egg drip off.
- Place the bread into the melted butter in the skillet and let cook until browned, lifting frequently to check for doneness.
- Place spatula under the bread and lift. Put another small pat of butter into the skillet and flip bread onto melted butter.
- Cook until both sides are browned. Remove from skillet. (Place each slice on a plate and keep warm in oven)
- Repeat with remaining slice of bread, adding a small pat of butter to the pan before each slice, and before turning.
- Dust with powdered sugar, sprinkle with chocolate chips, and drizzle with maple syrup before serving.
- French bread or thicker slices may be used also.
To make 6 slices, increase recipe to 3 eggs, and 1/3 cup milk.