3 ccornmeal mix
1/2 cself-rising flour
1 mediumonion, chopped
1bell pepper, chopped
2-4 ozjar pimentos
2-4jalapeno peppers, chopped
16 ozcontainer sour cream
15 ozcan creamed corn
1 Tbspcooking oil
1 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Mexican Cornbread
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat a 10-12 inch iron skillet with shortening.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients EXCEPT for cheese.
- Put half of mixture in iron skillet & sprinke cheese, being careful not to let the cheese touch the side of the skillet.
- Top with remaining mixture, covering cheese completely.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes or until done.