Mexican Corn Bread
Add sugar to your taste, in the south we do not add sugar But I have noticed that the North wants 1/2 cup of sugar. Sacrilege to a southerner but what ever floats there boat.
( My wife is a New York Jew, what a combination New York Jew and a REDNECK)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- self rising flour
- 1 c
- self-rising buttermilk corn meal
- 1 can(s)
- small can of whole kernal corn
- 1 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese or chedder
- green onions chopped
- 1 large
- jalapeno with seeds removed
- buttermilk or sweet milk as needed
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar for sweetness if needed
How to Make Mexican Corn Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add 1 Tablespoon of oil to Black Iron Skillet put in oven until hot enough to fry.
- 2Chop Onions and Peppers
- 3Mix Flour, Corn Meal, Corn, Cheese, and onions in large Bowl. Mix together
- 4Add Milk to a make an easy pour consistency. Add mix to hot skillet and bake for 30 minutes. Watch for top of bread to brown. When browning remove from stove. Flip bread over and place back in stove for 10 minutes. I take another large plate to flip bread with
- 5Remove from stove and cut into squares add butter to piece and eat. Make sure you have enough butter to run down your chin while eating.