Marie's (my mom) turkey stuffing
This was the stuffing she used in the bird.
Picture is of her in front of their home in Drayton Plains, Mich. where I grew up. Before they sold it to Jackie and Jim, then they sold it to their son Jimmy
- 2 1/2
- loaves bread set out to dry 1-2 days in torn pieces then crumbled
- 1/2 stick
- butter melted
- stalks celery
- 1 lb
- hamburger, crumbled, cooked and drained
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2-3 Tbsp
- poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Marie's (my mom) turkey stuffing
- 1Tear bread into small pieces and put on large cookie sheets to dry. She put her's in the breeseway for two days.
- 2Crumble and Cook hamburger like you were making chili. drain and set a side.
- 3chop the celery, onion, and dice the garlic and put into a very large bowl. add cooled Hamburger and melted butter. stir in the spices and add the bread.
- 4Add enough water to mix but still be not soggy ( a little on the dryer side. Check spices and add a little more. Stuff the turkey at both ends and bake as directed on turkey package.
- 5Star-date memories:
My mother would wait for the little spring loaded thingy to pop out ( as she put it). Rush around very fast as the mashed potatoes still need mashing and Jack won't get his butt up to carve. So either Jim (Jackies Husband) or My sister Jackie would step in to help.
- 6Sadly all great things must end. Both my parents have moved on, leaving only memories of what was.