Little Caesars CopyKat Pretzel Cheddar Pizza!
OHHHHHH and by the way I am just so EXCITED!! LOL
- 1 1/2 c
- warm water 110 - 115 degree
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- rapid rise yeast (i use saf-instant gold yeast)
- 4 c
- flour all purpose or bread flour
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt (or your choice)
- 1 can(s)
- campbells cheddar cheese sauce (15 oz or 2 regular size small cans)
- 16 oz
- sharp cheddar cheese shreds
- pepperoni (as much or as little as you like)
- 1/2 c
- warm water
- 1/8 c
- baking soda
- 4 Tbsp
- coarse kosher or sea salt (pretzel salt is best but i can not find it here :(
PRETZEL DOUGH RECIPE
How to Make Little Caesars CopyKat Pretzel Cheddar Pizza!
- 2Add 1 1/2 cups warm water 110 - 115 degrees to bowl of stand mixer or med. size bowl if kneading by hand. Mix 2 tablespoons sugar into water, add 1 tablespoon instant rise yeast and give a quick whisk to combine it all. Let stand until bloomed about 5 mins.
- 3After 5 minutes add 4 cups all purpose or bread flour to the yeast mixture add 1 teaspoon salt set stand mixer to #2 speed and let mix and knead for 5 minutes. If by hand mix until all is well combined and the knead by hand on a counter top for 5 good minutes. (you will have a soft but firm dough)
- 4Spray a separate bowl with cooking spray (lightly) and place dough into it spray top of dough lightly with cooking spray. Cover with towel or plastic wrap and place in a warm draft free place (I have found over the years of baking bread that the Microwave is the BEST place! My oven has a proofing oven in it and I still use my microwave! Let it do it's thing for 30 minutes.
- 5Remove dough from bowl onto an ungreased pizza pan and roll as close to edges as you can get. Press the dough towards the outside to form the thick pretzel crust. When happy with the dough on the pizza pan just sit to the side to rest for 10 minutes with out covering it.
- 7In a bowl add all the cheese sauce and 4 oz of the cheddar cheese shreds and combine.
- 8Spread the cheese mix over the crust all the way to the edge.
- 9Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the mixture and top with as much or little pepperoni that you like.
- 10Mix 1/2 cup warm water and 1/8 cup baking soda together until the baking soda is dissolved. Once it is brush all the edge crust with it and wait a minute and do it again and again!
- 11Sprinkle with as little or as much coarse salt that you like.
- 12Bake in oven at 425 degree for 18 - 20 minutes until the crust is really nice and dark brown and all the cheese is bubbly and nice!
- 13Remove from oven to a wire rack to cool
- 14Melt 4 tablespoons butter and brush it all on the crust.
- 15Cool for at least 10 minutes to set the cheese sauce and ENJOY!!