- 4 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- rapid-rise yeast(i use bread machine yeast)
- 1 1/2 c
- warm water(h2o&milk works good too)
- 3 c
- oil for frying
How to Make Leslie's frybread
- 1In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients well. When mixed well, add warm water.
- 2Stir until you are able to knead dough until elastic. Let rest a few minutes in a warm microwave. (What I do to get a warm microwave is while I mix water in the flour, I turn microwave on until for one full minute)
- 3While dough is resting, I pour oil into a skillet to heat up. Then take the dough out of microwave and squeeze off a golf ball size piece of dough to knead and shape into 6 inch wide flat bread.
- 4Set in oil to brown on both sides and drain on a couple sheets of paper towels.
- 5Serve with butter