Lemon Blueberry Scones
2 1/2 tspbaking powde
·zest of 1 large lemon
1/2 cbutter, frozen
1 cconfectioners' sugar
2-3 Tbspfresh lemon juice
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Scones
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease scone pan.
- In large bowl, whisk, flour, sugar, baking powder and lemon zest.
- Grate frozen butter and toss into the flour mixture. Combine with pastry cutter or fingers until mixture is coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg and vanilla.
- Drizzle liquid over flour mixture and toss with spatula until moistened.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide into scone pan.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pan about 10 minutes.
- Make glaze by combining lemon juice and confectioners' sugar. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over scones.