Jodie's Dinner Rolls
1ST MIXTURE HEAT IN SAUCE PAN
DISSOLVE YEAST IN WARM WATER
3 cwater, warm
2 pkgactive dry yeast
IN LARGE BOWL DRY MIXTURE
4 cwheat flour
6 cunbleached white flour
ADD TO FIRST MIXTURE OF SUGAR SALT BUTTER + MILK
How to Make Jodie's Dinner Rolls
- Heat the first four ingredients in sauce pan.
Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Put dry ingredients in large mixing bowl, make a well in center. Add first mixture and stir with wooden spoon. After ingredients are mixed add, yeast, warm water mixture, stir well. Add flour and and knead till elastic. Once dough is not sticky place on well floured bread board and knead for about 8 minutes adding flour as needed.
- Knead into ball, place in a well greased large bowl, place dough into bowl grease the top. Place press and seal or plastic wrap on top. Place damp hot towel on top, place bowl in warm place and let rise 1 1/4 hour till double in size.
- Next step,Punch bread down, squeeze off dough approx size of golfball and work with fingers into center of your hand. From outside to inside kneeding with fingers, then place each roll seam side down into well greased cake pan. Place press and seal plastic wrap and damp towel on top. Place in warm place, let rise 1 1/4 hour.
- Preheat oven 375* Back approximately 35 minutes to 40 minutes. Till top is golden brown, thump top if it sounds hollow then it is done. Brush top with butter .....You may use just white flour for white bread if you like....