Jenny's Favorite Bread
I've added things like "everything" topping or roasted garlic in the bread before baking. Let me know what you think and if you try any variations, please share.
We hope you love it as much as we do.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cwarm water
1 1/2 Tbspactive dry yeast
2 chot water
1/2 cgrapeseed oil
5 1/2 call-purpose flour
·extra flour as needed
How to Make Jenny's Favorite Bread
- In a bowl, dissolve 1/2 teaspoon of sugar in 1/2 cup of warm water. Add 1 1/2 tablespoon of active dry yeast. Set aside in a warm place to prove.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups hot water, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon salt, 1/2 cup grapeseed oil, and 5 cups flour. Mix well. I use a silicone spatula, but you could use an electric mixer if you wish)
- By now, the yeast mixture should be frothy. Add it to the flour mixture. Mix well. Add flour 1/2 cup at a time until it is thick enough to work with your hands without sticking too much. (This will take practice, so be patient)
- When you feel it is the right consistency, turn it out onto a well-floured surface and begin to knead. When you've kneaded it for about 3 minutes, place it in a large bowl that is coated with oil. Place the bowl in a warm place and cover with a tea towel for about an hour.
- After an hour, dump it out on a well-floured surface and knead a second time. Place back in the oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, rack in the middle position.
- Divide the dough in half. Place half back in the bowl. Place the other half on a baking sheet (or in a bread pan), place in the oven, and bake for about 30 minutes.
- When it is done, place it somewhere to cool while you place the second loaf in the oven for 30 minutes. Then take it out and let it cool.
- We can never wait until it's cool! The first one is usually at least 1/2 gone by the time the second one comes out.