Japanese milk dough rolls
How to Make Japanese milk dough rolls
- Make the starter. Combine 1 1/2 oz. water, milk and 1 oz. flour in a sauce pan. Heat until thickened.
- Combine starter with the rest of the ingredients in a mixer. Mix until dough is smooth and elastic. It might be a little sticky. That's OK
- Shape into a ball and let rest in a greased bowl for 60- 90 minutes. Dough will get puffy but not really double in size.
- Gently deflate dough and shape into 3/4 oz. balls or a loaf.
- Place in a 9X5 loaf pan or for rolls, a greased cake pan
- Place in 350 oven and bake for about 1/2 hour.