1 boxjiffy cornbread mix
6 ozcream cheese, cut into chunks
1/2 c(about a handful) sharp yellow cheddar cheese
4 Tbspbutter, melted
·honey for drizzling
1/2med onion, chopped and sauteed (optional)
How to Make Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Waffles
- Preheat waffle maker to medium heat. (Mine does not have adjustable heat)
- Prepare cornbread to package instructions, adding chopped jalapenos and black pepper. Fold cream cheese and cheddar into the batter. I add sauteed onions.
- Once warm, brush inside of the waffle maker with melted butter.
- Pour in batter (your waffle iron should tell you how much, 3/4 cup?) and cook for 5 mins. or until the cornbread waffles are golden brown.
- Drizzle with warm honey.
- For a brunch item, top each waffle with an fried egg.