Italian Grilled Cheese
I can't remember where I found this recipe, but the credit for this yummy treat goes to them...hope you try em !
- 4 slice
- italian bread, ( 1 inch. thick) or i have used french)
- 4 slice
- mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 1/2 c
- 3/4 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic salt
- 2/3 c
- italian seasoned bread crumbs, or how ever much you need to coat
How to Make Italian Grilled Cheese
- 1Cut 3 inch pocket in each slice of bread; place a slice of cheese in each pocket ( I usually add 2 slices) per slice of bread.
In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, Italian seasoning and garlic salt; soak bread for 2 minutes on each side.
Coat with bread crumbs. Cook ion a greased griddle until golden brown on each side.
- 2Note....If the cheese is not melted by the time the bread is browned, I pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds, and the cheese will be completely melted..
I made these tonight with 3 large left over kaiser rolls. I cut a thin layer of crust from the top and bottom of the bun. Cut the slit in the center, filled with mozzarella and pepperoni...they were delicious