How to Make Italian Breadsticks
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water. Mix in Bisquick, beast vigorously.
- 2Turn dough onto surface well dusted with Bisquick. Knead until smooth, about 20 times.
- 3Divide dough into 16 equal parts. Roll each piece between hands into pencil like strips 8 inches long.
- 4Spread part of butter in a 13X9 pan. Place strips of dough in pan. Brush tops with remaining butter. Sprinkle with seeds or garlic salt.
- 5Cover and let rise in a warm place (85*) until light, about an hour.
- 6Heat oven to 425*. Bake bread sticks 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Turn off oven. Allow bread sticks to remain in oven 15 more minutes to crisp. Yields 16 sticks.