iron skillet corn bread
1 ccorn meal, not self-rising
3 tspbaking powder
3 Tbspsugar (optional)
4 Tbspbacon fat
1 pinchkosher salt
1 call purpose flour
1/4 cmelted butter
How to Make iron skillet corn bread
- Grease the iron skillet with 2 tbs of bacon fat and preheat in the oven at 425 degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix all the wet ingredients in bowl
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ,but do not over stir
- Carefully remove the pre-heated skillet from the oven and pour the mixture in the skillet.
- Cook at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes until the top is brown .
Remove from the oven, slice and serve.