Irish Soda Bread
My dad's grandmother was from Ireland and she brought this recipe with her when she came to Texas.
How to Make Irish Soda Bread
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until ressemblesa course crumbs.
- Combine 1 beaten egg,buttermilk.
- Stir till moist
- On a lightly floured surface knead gently for 12 strokes.
- On a greased baking sheet shape dough into 6 inch round loaves.
- Cut a 4 inch cross, 1/4 inch deep on the top.
- Brush with 1 beaten egg
- Bake at 375F. for 35 min.