1-1/2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1/4 craisins, soaked in warm water and drained
1/3 cmargarine, plus 2 tablespoons
How to Make IRISH SODA BREAD
- Blend sugar and soft margarine, then add egg.
- Slowly add dry ingredients also adding buttermilk until blended.
- Flour your counter, place dough on flour and knead dough a few minutes - add drained raisins.
- Shape into a round form and put in cake layer pan that has been greased or sprayed with cooking spray.
- Brush melted margarine over the top and sprinkle a little sugar over the top.
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees or until light golden brown and when tapped on bottom sounds hollow.