Hummus Lovers Delightful Vegetable Hummus Appetizer
2cloves of garlic
2 can(s)( 15 to 19 oz. each ) chick peas or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 pkgvegetable soup mix
1/2 cof your favorite olive oil, ( i use bertolli )
2 Tbsplemon juice from fresh lemon or bottled
1/4 tspground cumin
6( 8 inch ) whole wheat or white pita breads, cut into wedges
How to Make Hummus Lovers Delightful Vegetable Hummus Appetizer
- In food processor, pulse garlic cloves until finely chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients except pita bread.
- Process until smooth. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Remove hummus from refrigerator and stir before serving. If desired, add 1 to 2 tablespoons additional olive oil, or to taste.
- Place bowl of hummus on a serving tray and place pita wedges around bowl and serve. ( I sprinkled a little of chopped green onion on top for a garnish )