Hummus Lovers Delightful Vegetable Hummus Appetizer
- cloves of garlic
- 2 can(s)
- ( 15 to 19 oz. each ) chick peas or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pkg
- vegetable soup mix
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- of your favorite olive oil, ( i use bertolli )
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice from fresh lemon or bottled
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cumin
- ( 8 inch ) whole wheat or white pita breads, cut into wedges
How to Make Hummus Lovers Delightful Vegetable Hummus Appetizer
- 1In food processor, pulse garlic cloves until finely chopped.
- 2Add remaining ingredients except pita bread.
- 3Process until smooth. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- 4Remove hummus from refrigerator and stir before serving. If desired, add 1 to 2 tablespoons additional olive oil, or to taste.
- 5Place bowl of hummus on a serving tray and place pita wedges around bowl and serve. ( I sprinkled a little of chopped green onion on top for a garnish )