Honey Oatmeal Bread
How to Make Honey Oatmeal Bread
- 1Soak oats in bowl with 2 cups boiling water and let set for 30 minutes.
- 2Add yeast to 1/3 cup lukewarm water and let stand 5 mins. until softened.
- 3While waiting for yeast to soften, add salt, honey and butter to the oats. Stir until butter has melted. Add yeast mixture and mix again.
- 4Add flour 2 cups at a time kneading in the last 2 until dough is elastic. You may not use all 6 cups depending on the weather. (Seriously - if the humidity is low, you will use less flour, if it's high you may use a little more flour).
- 5Cover with a towel, let rise until double. Punch down dough, divide into two loaves, and place into greased loaf pans. Let rise again until double.
- 6Bake in 325 degree oven 50-60 mins. Placing the loaves in the bottom of your oven will help keep the top from browning too quickly. When loaves are done, they will sound hollow when you tap on them.