Homemade White Bread
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 cwater, warm
2eggs, slightly beaten
How to Make Homemade White Bread
- In a large bread bowl, mix yeast, water, sugar, salt and enough flour to make a batter (like pancake batter).
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add more flour, a cup or so at a time, until dough forms a ball that holds together, but is still a little sticky.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead well for about 5 minutes. Dough should be stiff but still a little sticky.
- Clean out bowl and oil it on all sides. Return dough to bowl and cover.
- Place bowl in warm place and allow dough to double in size.
- Form the dough into loaves or rolls and place in greased baking pans. Allow the dough to rise again, then bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- HINTS/SUGGESTIONS: Making bread is an art – if at first you don’t succeed, then just keep practicing. The temperature of the water and the room will affect how well and how fast the dough rises.