How to Make Homemade Vol-au-vent
- Remove one sheet from puff pastry package and let it thaw out.
- Stretch sheet on a baking sheet lined with silicone mat and using a cookie cutter (3 1/16-inch or 78 mm), cut out circles. There will be some dough left so roll it out and cut a couple more circles. Using a smaller cookie cutter (1 7/8-inch or 48 mm), cut the center of only 4 of the 8 circles.
- Brush all eight circles with an egg wash (egg yolk mixed with milk). Take the circles with the smaller ones in the middle and stack them on top of the ones without the smaller circles.
- Transfer to a 400ºF preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and using a pointed knife, remove the small circle, leaving a hollow shell. Proceed with your recipe