HOMEMADE SANDWICH BREAD (REALLY EASY)
Mix and knead with a Kitchenaid mixer.
ANYONE can have success with this recipe. It goes from the mixer bowl to the loaf pan, and has a nice fine texture.
- 2-1/2 tsp
- yeast (equal to a 2.5oz pkt)
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 c
- warm water(105-115 degrees)
- 1/4 c
- melted butter(can substitute oil)
- 3 c
- ap flour (or bread flour if you have it)
- 1 tsp
How to Make HOMEMADE SANDWICH BREAD (REALLY EASY)
- 1With a spoon, mix yeast, sugar and water in the bowl of a Kitchenaide-or other heavy duty mixer outfitted with a dough hook.
Allow to stand for 5 minutes till foamy. Make sure to use fresh yeast...check the date!
- 2Add in the melted butter(or oil), mixing to combine.
- 3Add flour into the wet ingredients 1 cup at a time, mixing thoroughly with dough hook, scraping down the sides as needed.
- 4Add the salt and machine knead for 10 minutes on medium-medium high speed.
Dough will be smooth, silky and elastic.
- 5Remove dough hook from the dough.
Keep it in the mixer bowl.
Spray the surface with oil, smoothing to assure it coats the exposed surfaces.
Cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow to rise 30 minutes. It should double in size.
- 6Punch down and form a log, place in a well greased loaf pan.
- 7Oil the surface of the log.
Allow it to rise for 20 minutes in pan.
Heat oven to 425.