How to Make HOMEMADE PANKO BREAD CRUMBS
- 1Push chunks of white bread through the shredding disk of the food processor to make coarse crumbs.
- 2Spread the crumbs on a baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees until the crumbs are dry BUT NOT TOASTED, about 6 to 8 minutes. Shake the crumbs at least 2 times during the cooking process. Be careful not to let them brown !!
- 3Immediately remove bread crumbs from oven and allow then to cool.
- 4Once cooled, crumbs may be stored in the freezer in a resealable plastic bag for several months. Be sure to scrunch the bag and remove the air before sealing.
- 5When using these crumbs you can incorporate Sesame seed, slivered almonds or chopped pecans (optional). You can also put the amount you are going to use along with a pats of butter. Pulse in the food processor to mix, just a couple of seconds and check for your desired look. Before adding as a topping, you can sprinkle the Sesame seed, about 1/4 th cup, slivered almonds or chopped pecan pieces. Sprinkle some cheese over top or add a small amount of salt and black pepper (be sure to focus on the words (VERY SMALL AMOUNTS)......