HOMEMADE FRENCH BREAD
How to Make HOMEMADE FRENCH BREAD
- Combine milk and water and let cool to lukewarm.
Add yeast cake to 1/4 cup to lukewarm water; add 1 tsp sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, 2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sugar; make a well in center; set aside
- Combine warm milk, water and yeast mixture; add
1-1/2 Tablespoons shoetening; allowing shortening to dissolve.
- Pour wet mixture into dry well and mix.
- Shape into a ball with floured hands. Cover with warm damp cloth and let rise to double in size.
- Turn out onto floured board and shape into 2 loaves.
Place in well greased pans and grease top of loaf.
- Let rise to twice in aize.
BAKE at 400 for 15 minutes then:
BAKE at 325-350 for 30 minutes.