How to Make Homemade Egg Noodles
- Make a well in center of flour.Add egg yolks,egg and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in water one tablespoon at a time until dough is stiff and easy to roll.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts.Roll dough, one part at a time into paper thin rectangle on floured board.Keep remaining dough covered.
- Loosely fold rectangle lengthwise into thirds;cut crosswise into 1/8 inch strips for narrow noodles,1/4 inch for wide noodles.
- Place strips on towel until stiff and dry;about two hours.
- Break dry strip into smaller pieces. Cook in boiling salted water, about one tablespoon of salt, until tender.
- Boil until tender 12 to 15 minutes. Drain. This makes 6 cups of noodles. You can cook half of noodles and use 2 teaspoons of salt in water to boil.