How to Make Homemade Bagels
- 1Mix all ingredients. Knead dough 5 minutes.
- 2Let rise in warm place about one hour.
- 3Punch down and knead for 5-10 minutes till smooth.
- 4Cut into 5 pieces-form a ball in each piece
- 5Make a hole in each using thunb and stretch till hole is 1 inch.
- 6Place bagels on greased cookie sheet and let rise covered with towel or plastic wrap and let rise 10 minutes.Make sure hole is still 1 inch.
- 7Boil 6 cups of waterand 2 tablespoons of honey and cook bagels 2 at a time in boiling water for 3 minutes turning once.
- 8Place bagels on greased cookie sheet,brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with favorite topping.(seseme seeds,caraway ect.)
- 9Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes