Holiday Cornucopia Bread Centerpiece
How to Make Holiday Cornucopia Bread Centerpiece
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 17x14 inch (or large) cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Tear off a 30x18 inch sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil.
Fold it in half to 18x15 inch.
Roll out to form a hollow cone, about 18 inches long with a diameter of 5 inches at the widest end (Cornucopia opening).
Fasten end with clear scotch tape.
- 2Stuff cone with crumpled regular foil until form is rigid.
Bend tail of cone up then down at end. Spray outside of cone with cooking spray.
Place on cookie sheet.
Beat the egg with the water to make a glaze.
- 3Open and unroll the first can of bread stick dough on the counter. Separate bread sticks. Begin by wrapping one bread stick around tip of cone. Brush end of next bread stick with Glaze and press to attach to end of first bread stick. Continue spiral-wrapping cone, slightly overlapping dough until there are 3 bread sticks left.
- 4Pinch one end of the 3 bread sticks together, then braid.
Brush bread around opening of cornucopia with glaze.
- 5Gently press on braid. Brush entire cornucopia with glaze.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until bread is a nice brown.
(If parts start to darken too much, cover them with foil).
- 6Remove from oven.
Let cool completely on cookie sheet.
Carefully remove foil when cool.
(If freezing, leave foil in bread for support. Remove when thawed.)
You can use fruit and or gourds to include flowers to decorate with.
- 7Makes 1 large centerpiece.