4 call purpose flour
4 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspcream of tartar
3/4 ccold butter (no substitutions)
1 largeegg, separated
1 1/2 cliquid flavored non-dairy creamer (any flavor)
1 cany type of baking chips (white chocolate, semi sweet, dark chocolate, toffee bits, peanut butter chips, etc)
How to Make Creamer Scones
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar; cut in butter until crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolk and creamer; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. stir in baking chips (ie. chocolate chips.)
- Turn dough onto floured surface and knead 10 times. Don't over mix or knead or the dough will be tough.
- Divide dough in half. Pat each portion into a 7 inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges. Separate and place on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- ** If you'd like, brush each scone with the left over egg white and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake in a 425 degree preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. If desired, drizzle with a glaze made from powdered sugar and liquid coffee creamer.