Hamburger Buns and Hot Dog Rolls
We like barbeques, and for special fare like that, who wants store bought bread? You'll like this better, we sure do!
- 1 1/4 c
- 1 large
- 6 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 4 c
- bread flour
- 1/3 c
- nonfat dry milk
- 3 Tbsp
- instant potato flakes, dry
- 1 Tbsp
- plus 1 teaspoon gluten
- 2 tsp
- 2 tsp
- saf yeast or 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast or 1 pkg of fast acting yeast
- egg yolk, beaten with 1 tablespoon of water for a glaze
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling (optional)
How to Make Hamburger Buns and Hot Dog Rolls
- 1Place all the ingredients in the pan according to the manufacturer's directions. Program for the Dough Cycle; press Start.
- 2Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. When the machine beeps at the end of the cycle press Stop and unplug the machine. Immediately turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. With a dough knife, divide the 1 1/2 pound dough into 8 equal portions or the 2 pound dough into 12 equal portions. For hamburger buns form each portion into tight rounds. For long rolls, flatten each portion into an oval about 6 inches long and rolling up tightly for a long end to form a cylinder. Place the rolls on the lined baking sheet at least 1 inch apart. Press with your palm or to flatten each roll. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat the oven to 375F.
- 4Brush the rolls with the egg glaze and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 15 to 22 minutes, depending on the size of the roll, until lightly browned. Remove the rolls from the sheet with a spatula and let cool completely on a rack. Slice in half horizontally to serve.