★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cmilk, scalded
1 pkgactive dry yeast
1/2 chot water
6 call purpose flour
How to Make Grandmother's Parker House Dinner Rolls
- Scald 2 cups milk. bring just to the brink of boiling then pour into large mixing bowl
- in large cup, combine dry yeast, hot water and 1/4 cup of sugar. Set aside
- add 1/2 cup of shortening and remaining sugar to milk. Let milk mixture cool to warm (about 115-degrees)
- Beat eggs well, add to milk mixture then add yeast mixture and mix well
- shift together flour and 1 teaspoon salt, gradually add to milk mixture until stiff and hard to stir.
- put dough into well greased large bowl and cover with towel. Let sit until rises double in size.
- once dough has doubled in size, then roll out on well floured surface. using biscut cuter cut out rolls. melt stick of butter
- dip rolls into melted butter place on baking pan. repeat until pan is filled. set aside and cover with cloth. let dough rise again until double in size then bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until brown.