Giant Soft Pretzels
They are very easy to make and something fun to do with your kids. You can mix them in either a stand mixer with dough hook or a bread machine on dough setting.
In either case once the dough is ready simply turn out onto a floured board and roll away.
- 1 c
- plus 2 tbsp water (70 to 80f)
- 3 c
- ap flour
- 3 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp
- active dry yeast
- 2 qt
- 1/2 c
- baking soda
- 1/2 c
- coarse salt
How to Make Giant Soft Pretzels
- 1Place first 4 ingredients in order listed into mixer with dough hook or bread machine according to manufacturer. Select dough setting & check to see if water or more flour is needed as mixing begins. It should turn into a ball, slightly sticky but holding shape to itself. While this process is taking place, get a large pot of water with 1/2 cup baking soda dissolved in it, it should be able to hold two pretzels at a time.
- 2When cycle is completed turn dough onto floured surface. Divide dough into eight balls. Roll each into 20" (inch) rope; form into a traditional pretzel shape and set aside on sprayed wax paper.
- 3Drop two pretzels @ a time into water; boil for 10-15 seconds. Remove & drain on side towels.
- 4Place pretzels on greased baking sheets. Bake @ 425F degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and press into a salt that has been spread onto a plate. Then enjoy