★★★★★ 1 vote5
10 slicewhite bread
1/2 tspblack pepper
How to Make French Toast
- Break eggs into a wide, shallow bowl. Beat lightly with a fork.
- Stir in the sugar, salt, black pepper, and milk.
- Over medium low heat, heat a griddle or skillet coated with a thin layer of margarine.
- Place bread slices, one at a time in the bowl with egg mixture. Let the slices soak up egg mixture for a few seconds, then carefully turn to the other side. Soak only as many slices as you will be cooking at one time.
- Transfer bread slices to griddle or skillet, heating slowly until bottom is golden brown. Turn and brown on the other side. Serve warm.