French Bread (for bread machine)
- 1-1/3 c
- hot water
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 tsp
- sugar or sugar substitute
- 1-1/2 tsp
- 4 c
- bread flour (add 3 tablespoons of rye flour before measuring flour)
- 2-1/4 tsp
- active dry yeast
How to Make French Bread (for bread machine)
- 1Add ingredients to bread machine according your machines instructions.
- 2Set machine to "dough stage".
- 3When done, cut into 2 sections. Roll each out into an 8 x 11 sheet and roll up.
- 4Sprinkle bottom of loaf pans with cornmeal. Place bread on top. Make 3 slits in bread dough
- 5Heat a large container of water in microwave. Set pans in microwave and cover with a towel. Set rise again for 1 hour. Heat from the hot water will help bread rise.
- 6Preheat oven to 430 degrees. Place bread in oven and bake for approximately 17 minutes. Bread is done when golden brown and has a hollow sound when tapped
- 7Remove from pans and spray with butter and then sprinkle with garlic salt. Let cool, wrap and place in freezer bags. Freeze until ready to use or use immediately.
- 8NOTE: These can be made into rolls (approximately 22) rolled in fat free Italian dressing then rolled into a mixture of 1 envelope onion soup and 1 cup parmesan cheese that has been mixed together. Let rise and bake as above.