★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 1/2 c
- boiling water
- 2 c
- heaing rolled oats
- 1 c
- steel cut oats or crackling wheat
- 2/3 c
- 1 c
- molasses or honey
- 2 Tbsp
- 4 pkg
- yeast dissolved in 1 cup water
- 11-12 c
How to Make Ellsworth Oatmeal Bread
- 1In large pan add the following; boiling water, rolled oats, steel cut oats/crackling wheat, shortening, molasses/honey, salt.
- 2Cool until warm, then add; dissolved yeast and eggs.
- 3Stir and then mix in flour (bread flour preferred). Add flour to desired consistency. Now knead bread about 10 minutes until elastic. Let rise until double.
- 4Shape into 5 loaves & let rise again till double & some lighter in weight. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.