Easy Yeast Rolls by Freda
These rolls are tender and bake to a golden brown and will dissapear in no time.
If You have never Baked yeast rolls or Bread, This recipe is the perfect Starting point for you. You can't Fail with these.
Makes 4 dozen rolls.
NOTE: Prep time is about 45 min plus rising time.
Bake time is 15 min, plus cooling time.
MY LIGHT AND TENDER EASY YEAST ROLLS
2 pkg(ea.1/4 oz) active dry yeast
2 Cwarm water (110-115 degrees) "no hotter"
1/4 Ccanola oil
6-6 1/2 Call purpose flour
·follow directions exactly, you'll have no problems
How to Make Easy Yeast Rolls by Freda
- In a large Bowl, disolve Yeast in the Warm Water.
Now ADD; Sugar, Egg, Oil, Salt, and only 4 cups of flour. Beat til Smooth.
Stir in enough of the remaining Flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn Dough onto floured surface; Knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a Greased Bowl, turn to grease the tops. Cover and Let Rise, in a warm spot for about 1 hr.
(I turn oven light on and place my bowl in the oven with a clean towel over the top of the bowl and let rise)
- Punch Dough down; Turn onto lightly floured surface.
Divide in 1/4th. (4 portions)
Shape each into 12 balls.
For knots; Roll each ball into 8" rope; tie into a knot, tuck ends under.
- Place Rolls 2" apart on baking sheet.
Cover, and let Rise til doubled in size, about 30-40 min.
PREHEAT OVEN to 350 degrees
- BAKE @ 350 for 15-20 min. or til nice and golden brown. remove from pan and lather tops with butter while warm for soft tops. . . cool or eat while warm.