Catherine Cappiello Pappas
Blue Ribbon Recipe
We loved the flavor combination in these breadsticks. They would be a great addition to soup or salad. After we made these, we found myself snacking on these all day! The Test Kitchen
1 call-purpose flour
1/4 cCrisco shortening
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspdried oregano
1/2 tspolive oil
How to Make Easy Breadsticks
- Place flour in a large bowl; add the seasonings. Add the Crisco to the flour and work it with your fingers into small pieces. Slowly add the water while working the dough.
- You may need a touch more or less water depending on the consistency of the dough. You want the dough to be workable, not too sticky. Form the dough into a ball.
Place the olive oil in the palm of your hand and rub it on the outside of the dough, then pat the dough with flour.
- Dust a clean surface with flour to roll out the dough.
- Roll the dough out to about ¼ inch in thickness. Cut dough into approximately two-inch strips and roll these strips into sticks.
- Place on parchment paper and bake.
- Preheat Oven 375 degrees: Bake the breadsticks about 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden.