- 2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 2 tsp
- orange zest
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 c
- mandarin orange segments, froa can, chopped
- 1/4 c
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- orange marmalade
How to Make Double Orange Scones with Orange Butter
- 1Heat oven to 400. Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- 2In large bowl,
mix flour, sugar, baking powder and orange zest.
- 3Using pastry blender
or fork, cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
orange segments, milk and egg; stir with fork just until mixture leaves side of bowl and soft dough forms.
- 5On floured surface, gently knead dough 8-10 times. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet. Place dough on parchment and
pat dough into 7 inch round.
- 6Sprinkle with 1 TBSP sugar. Cut
into 8 wedges; separate slightly. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter until light and fluffy; stir in
marmalade. Serve the Orange Butter with the warm scones.